Filipinos can now enjoy Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, and Maker content via video-on-demand, interactive content and promotions on mobile and broadband
Last week, I attended an important event as Globe Telecom made a big reveal on its multi-year collaboration with The Walt Disney Company Southeast Asia. This collaboration will give Filipino customers access to video-on-demand, interactive content, promotions and other related services across multiple devices and affirms the relationship of Globe with Disney whose brands include Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and global leader in short-form video, Maker Studios.
Globe customers will now have access to an array of Disney content offerings including long- and short-form programming, interactive content and games, theatrical releases and retail promotions. Offerings include:
· Disney Movies On Demand (DMOD): an on-demand subscription service for selected evergreen Disney and Pixar titles such as the Toy Story franchise, Finding Nemo, The Princess Diaries, Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas, Cinderella and much more, that can be viewed on any device anytime, anywhere
· Disney On Demand (DOD): an on-demand subscription service for selected Disney TV favoritessuch as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Phineas & Ferb, that can be watched on any device anytime, anywhere
· Maker On Demand: an on-demand subscription service featuring the best short-form videos from Maker Studios’ portfolio of content across gaming, comedy, music, sports, fashion, and family, to name a few, featuring popular talent from Makers’ network of 55,000 creators globally
· Maker and Globe will also team to create custom branded entertainment featuring top digital influencers—supporting the Globe service
· WATCH Disney Channel apps – entertainment apps which provide access to Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD. Kids and Family can enjoy all the 3 Disney Channels via this digital destination.
· Disney Interactive: a world of mobile and web-based games, apps and e-books based on the best-loved Disney stories
· Promotions, merchandising and retail activations that bring Disney’s latest theatrical releases closer to Filipinos
Customers may now get into the wide portfolio of Disney content such as movies, TV shows, games, merchandising, theatrical releases, and interactive videos available across Globe’s mobile and broadband services.
“We are thrilled to bring the Disney brand of storytelling closer to more Filipinos through this collaboration with Globe,” said Rob Gilby, Managing Director, The Walt Disney Company Southeast Asia. “With this unique collaboration, Disney fans in the Philippines will now be able to take their favorite stories and beloved characters everywhere they go across their choice of devices.”
This collaboration continues the journey of Globe as it brings globally innovative brands and content to the Philippine market, including tie-ups with Facebook, Google, Viber, Spotify, NBA, Hooq and WhatsApp.